Monday, June 04, 2007

Today, as I was exiting off 101 to get onto my offramp, I was tailgated. Now, I'm going at about 65 and need to start slowing down for the offramp and the sharp left turn that immediately comes after the turn-off. But this fucker in one of those SUV's for people who don't want people to think they have an SUV was right on my back the whole way. Again, this is at 65. He was up in my grill as it were so much that I went wide into the turnoff and had to use two hands to get myslef into the lane. And he still tailgated me. Even worse, there's three lanes that I can get into once I go through the turnoff and he was behind me, tailgating still, in the far-left lane that I chose.

Now, I am pissed. I hate tailgaters and this guy was particulary douchey. What moron tailgates on an off-ramp? I wanted to do what most people do in that situation, curse to the heavens and maybe flip him off but I decided to do something else: I slowed down. Really down. As long as he was on my back, I crept through the city streets as slow as possible, even intentionally missing a light. The guy, pissed at me, eventually turned and went up another street to get away from me.

I'm pretty proud of myself, actually, for coming up with this solution on how to handle tailgaters. In fact, let this be a warning to all you tailgaters out there-- get on my ass, and I'm dropping at least five on the spedometer.

Suck it.

No comments: