Monday, March 31, 2008

Sorry for the lack of posting, but in the past few weeks, I have

-Started a new job
-got a new apartment
-got my wallet stolen from the gym.

All in the same week.

In fact, I got news about the apartment on the very-same day I started my new job and I got robbed at the end of that week. In other words, that was one long-ass, crazy-ass week. I feel like my whole life turned upside down and then somebody came by and shook me just enough all my change fell out of my pockets.

On top of that, it's my first new job in four years and my first new apartment in seven years. It'll also be the first time I've lived with someone in 7 years. It'll also be the first time I left the city proper and have moved to the outskirts, mainly the Richmond which means I have bought a fast pass for the first time in about five years.

And all of this means other life-shaking things. Like actually buying a couch and kitchen table. And real art. Or looking at having to get up early for a 45 ride on the 38 Geary L. Or having to call every place for which I have an account with and switch my account information to reflect my new checking account number.

I am exhausted with a mixture of freaked out thrown in for good measure.

And speaking of new jobs, today I remembered another fun part of new jobs, the fact that you're still kind of new and nobody knows you. When you're busy, it's fine because you're running around, being a part of things. But when you're not, you just sit at your desk, bored out of your mind, and contemplate the fact that you're kinda alone. There's no coffee klatch to go get coffee with or people to gossip with or even say hi to in the hallways or ask about their weekends.

It's like being the new kid in school and it's kinda lonely.

No comments: