Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm a Wondering

I keep on seeing the same editorial job posted on Monster.com and it makes me wonder about it. I've actually even written about the job because I could only apply to it through Monster.com but Monster.com made it impossible for me to apply to it.

Anyways, since they keep on posting the job I wonder if I should just keep on sending in my resume, or at least different versions of it. Since obviously the resume I sent earlier didn't work, if I spruce it up or maybe send another version (like a chronological resume as opposed to skill set based resume) would anybody notice? My guess is HR goes through so many resumes they probably don't remember one from the other so why not? Since they're being so particular about whom they want to hire (seriously, how hard is it to find somebody to do an editing job considering the Chronicle laid off half their staff and there's probably several people out there looking for work who at one point of their lives was editing foreign reports from Pakistan) if I keep on sending out slightly different versions of resumes, maybe I can finally send one that will work?

No comments: