Thursday, September 03, 2009

Around the Dial

The Giants, who are in a pennant race, are playing their games right now on the east coast so the games take place around the time I go to the gym. I would love to be able to listen to the game at the gym, which would give me more motivation to actually go to the gym, but it's not possible for me to actually do so. Neither the iPod or the iPhone will allow you to listen to the radio, or at least sports on the radio.

The funny thing is that way back in the pre-iEverything days, you could actually listen to the games. Those discmans that you could buy often came with radio presets so you could do things like go to the gym and listen to baseball. Our recent technological doohickies don't have that capability. So, we've somehow gotten to the point where I could be dropped somewhere in Albania and find the closest dim sum place, read reviews about it and get directions to it but I can't do something as basic as listen to a baseball game.

I can, however, get pinged with the final score whenever the game ends which is pretty cool.

No comments: