Friday, December 01, 2006

Hey look I'm posting again. Yeah, I know, I said I'd keep on posting but I've been travelling (I'm in Baltimore right now) and well, the other blog is turning into a lot more work than I thought it would. Or, actually, worrying about it takes a lot more work than I thought it would. The biggest problem I've been facing is that since I'm three hours ahead, I look at the clock and think "oh my God, it's 2 o'clock and I only have five posts up" and then I realize that it's really 11 back home and that's a reasonable number.

So anyways, my big revelation in regards to the east coast is that when you look around, it becomes obvious that people look different here. It's hard to put a finger on it but it's true. People's faces are more angular, pastier. And to cover up the pastiness, they wear not so good makeup. And they look more ethnic, more full in their features. The Italians look more Italian, the Jews Jewier and even the nerds look nerdier. And before you think I'm being biased, keep in mind I've said some unkind things about my local SF denizens. As I've said a bunch of times, hipster types and the sunlight never, ever mix.

BTW- because I have so many songs on my Itunes, I'm now getting bored with my usual random listens. So now I'm entering in a word, like "sun" and see what comes up. Hello new playlist.

No comments: