Thursday, December 07, 2006

Odds and ends:

-Apparently, I parked my car a little over the line to the car next to me and took up part of the spot. When I got back from my trip, I found a note on my car basically telling me what my error was and that I should think about the fact that I'm not the only person on the planet.

Yes, that's my bad. I did a bad job parking.

That afternoon I ran some errands and parked the car in exactly the same spot, except for the fact I parked it in the spot. I wonder if the guy who wrote the note walked by and wondered if he had imagined that my car was parked over the line

-This morning somebody buzzed the buzzer to be let into the building. I didn't press on the buzzer to let him for as long as I was supposed to so the person who wanted to get in couldn't. They then buzzed me quickly and repeatedly, you know flashing a little attitude. So I'm thinking, I'm the random person in the building who is buzzing you in despite the fact I don't now you or that I shouldn't really actually be letting you in. And you're giving me attitude?

-While back, I picked up the book Eragon, the fantasy novel about dragon riders and evil empires and all that. It's going to be a movie that'll be released in a week or so. What can I say, I'm a geek. As I read through the first couple of chapters, I realized why I hate reading fantasy novels: too many references to "steely eyes" or lines like "her hair was straight and she walked with grace" or even "soon she understood everything he said and commented frequently." This book even has a weird fetish over bodily functions. I think the main reason why everbody loves "Harry Potter" is because it's one of the few fantasy books in which the writer is so obviously not taking it that seriously. Or at least shows a sense of humor.

-After watching 30 Rock tonight (it's kind of funny), I realized that Alec Baldwin is becoming the new William Shatner.

-And speaking of tv shows, I came back from the east coast with a weird desire to watch a lot of "Scrubs." I don't know why

No comments: