Sunday, January 04, 2009

Heading home from a friend's house, I was listening to sports talk radio and actually heard this from an ESPN "football analyst" concerning next week's Steelers/Chargers game: "Well, the big thing is that Roethlisberger is going to play. That should be a huge factor." Uhhh, really? So you really think that the fact that the star starting quarterback is going to play in a playoff game will be some sort of factor in that game? Good one. And way to take a stand there too.

Anyways, next week Fox has the great Giants/Eagles game, a game that represents everything good and right with football, as well as a Cardinals/Panthers that I don't think anybody thinks will be any good or of any interest to anyone. Still, this didn't stop the yucksters on Fox Football from talking about what an exciting weekend of football they have coming up. Now, I know people at the sports networks have to hype up a game in order to get people to watch it, but I don't even think they think the game is very exciting. Just once I'd like some announcer to say something like "well, we got one great game next week and one that's not so good. So, watch it if you want, but if you want to run errands next weekend, that would probably be a good time to do them. Hell, if it wasn't for the fact I'm getting paid for this, I think I'd go take the kids to see a movie. I hear 'Slumdog Millionaire' is pretty good."

No comments: