Tuesday, August 04, 2009

I was at a bus stop on Geary waiting for the 38, drinking a bottle of Minutemaid Lemonade and listening to my iPhone when it appeared that somebody in the middle lane of the road-- a twenty-something somewhat crunchy girl-- had just rolled down their window to talk to someone in my general direct direction. Naturally, I thought it couldn't be me because I didn't know the person who was saying something but when I realized that there really was nobody else she could be talking to as I was the only at the bus stop, I turned down my music to see just what the hell she could be talking to me about.

The answer? Minutemaid Lemonande. Apparently she's a big fan, especially if you add lots of sugar to it, something I told her was kind of silly considering the drink pretty much consists of sugar. I responded to a few things she said and then got a little freaked out about the whole thing and made the universal facial sign of "kay, thanks, bye" and put my headphones back on. The light finally changed to green and with that, she drove on off, probably thinking about drinking some lemonade as soon as she was to get to wherever she was to get to.

And so my question is-- what the fuck was that all about?

No comments: