Monday, December 27, 2004

Was there anyone else who upon hearing about the tsunami, quickly checked out the cable news stations mainly so they could catch all the cool disaster footage? You know you did.

And was there anyone else who got a little upset when upon turning to the news channels, didn't see much in the way of footage mainly because the news channels thought it much more important to detail all sorts of Christmas travellers stuck in airports? Not to mention the all-important fact that "Meet The Fockers" broke the record for Christmas movie releases?

Oh yeah, I forgot- mainly furriners died. We here in America don't care.

One of my big, recurring nightmares is the tidal wave one, where I'm somewhere along the coast and see a big, huge wall of water headed my way. You can figure out the psychological stuff yourself- I know what it means but I ain't saying. Finding out that my recurring nightmare could actually happen is a bit scary. Like I don't have enough to worry about.

I can also say that a bunch of the places that got hit, mainly Phuket in Thailand and Penang Malaysia, I've been to. Checking out the photos online, I recognized some of the places, all of them totally thrashed. Besides being extraordinarily beautiful, I also remember those places as having the nicest people.

So sad.

No comments: