Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Yeah, I know. I haven't posted in awhile.

Sorry.

I think I got that Seasonal Affective Disorder thing. You know, that mental thing that didn't exist up until twenty years ago and allows doctors, psychiatrists, and drug company CEO's to upgrade from a sail-boat to a yacht. Screw the Plague, small pox, and AIDS- how the hell have we progressed as a civilization with things like Seasonal Affective Disorder out there? But what can I say? It's pitch black when I wake up, pitch black when I get home and pretty friggin cold and rainy the rest of the time. It's hard to have any joie de vivre when you're huddled underneath every blanket you own trying to keep warm.

I think I also have a wee case of the post-vacation blues. You know, that feeling you get after returning from a great trip abroad only to realize about a week back that it's pretty much same as it ever was upon returning except you have a tan. One minute everyday is an adventure and you're mind is getting blown all over the place, the next day you're lamenting the fact that both "Friends" and "Seinfeld" are repeating episodes you've seen way too many times and "Charmed" isn't on because TNT is showing a Bobcats/Hornets games.

Of course, it could also be because I recently read this:

Dubya won in the Electoral College by 34 electoral votes, or 29 electoral votes more than his electoral-vote margin in 2000 (five electoral votes). The popular will was not thwarted. But that's only because, if Ohio Secretary of State Ken Blackwell is to be believed, President Bush won Ohio by a mere 118,775 votes, which works out to a little more than two percentage points. If John Kerry had gotten 118,776 more votes in Ohio, he would have claimed Ohio's 20 electors, giving him 272 electors to Bush's 266. For want of 118,776 votes, John Kerry lost the presidency.


Sigh.

In other words, I think I'm taking the rest of the week off. Be back blogging next week.

No comments: