Monday, September 05, 2005

Ahh, so we're back. You know, I meant to post all this week, but blogger wouldn't let me in. I actually had to reconfigure a few things to get back in, including getting rid of all my cookies, which now means I have to resign up for all these things I was already signed up for. I usually use the same name and password, but sometimes I don't depending on the site and now I have to remember which user name and password I used and which e-mail address and it's kind of a pain.

Oh well.

It's probably a good thing too I wasn't posting because it would have been a week long rant about you know what and I'm trying to affect an attitude of Serenity Now in all things politics again as just a dip into say Salon or Wonkette was raising the blood pressure up to bad levels. But we'll all get to that later.

So, what can we catch you up on.....oh, I know...my volleyball game on Tuesday.

Going into the game, we were 7-8. The team we were playing were 8-7. So you can see the level of importance to the game. First game comes up, we rally from like 7-1 to win 11-9 (the games are up to 11). Second game we get blown out and lose. Which leads us to the third and final, game. We go up quickly 5-0 and are cooking. But then disaster falls as some guy starts watching us play. Now, I wasn't sure whether the guy was just crazy or just annoying, but he started watching and then started to make all sorts of comments towards one of our woman players about how hot she is. Which she kind of is, but that's neither here nor there. The thing about the guy is that he basically walked up and started in, making me think he was just your typical crazy dude, except he was a little too nicely dressed and looking like he was working out to be a crazy homeless guy. On the other hand, we were playing in the Marina. He was also black and some black guys have no problem telling women how hot they are when they walk by, which is something I've never been sure of is something I'm apalled by or kind of jealous of. But that's also neither here nor there.

So anyways, this guy is getting into her and the tension level just shoots up because there's really nothing we could do, or at least nobody willing to step up and say something back, least of all the girl who just tried to shrug it off (no holla-back girl her, but what are you gonna do?). We fall apart. After they quickly tie us and vault into the lead, the dude changes his comments and just keeps on shouting "relax, baby, just relax." The other team is getting pretty tense too and making snippy comments back to him. Total tension city.

But then, down 10-5 and down to match point, the dude leaves. And then we go on a rampage and quickly tie the game at 10-10. We go back and forth a bit, trying to get match point and then finally, after one of those sets that involved a lot of people running around and making tips to other players that had no business actually getting to where they were supposed to be, we won 12-10.

Pretty gosh darn inspiring story, ain't it? Total "Rudy"?

Well, I thought it was a good story.

No comments: