Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sometimes it's the simple things in life, things we all forget about but are always there. Like drinks at the Toronado and sausage from Rosamnunde...

I went to this fairly swank cocktail party on Thursday and half-way through had to make a bathroom run. The office where the party was held had two bathrooms, one for men and one for women. The one for men was being used, but the women's room appeared to be empty as it was not locked. I thought about just hopping into the women's bathroom to use that one as it was one of those bathrooms in which the only difference between the men's and women's is a urinal, but decided against it because the party held a lot of progessive types and I was afraid that if I got caught coming out of the women's room, I'd get a lecture about social inequality, gender roles, and civil rights. After waiting a few minutes with nobody coming out of the men's room, I said screw it and went to jump in the women's room.

There was a woman in it and using it. She just forgot to lock the door.

I said my "excuse me's" and quickly closed the door to wait for the person to come out of the men's room. Finally, the door opened up and out of the men's room came a woman.

No comments: