Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Uh yeah, I disappeared again.

Long story short... work went totally nutso which caused me to get sick which caused me to bet that much more tired when I came back from Reno over the weekend (had to go, after all, especially as I bought the tickets) and then followed all that up by accidently taking the non-non-drowsy cold tablets today at work.

That was fun.

Except for when you compare my Zombie Tuesday with last Friday's Zombie Friday, it's been probably way too many dies slowly lolling around looking for brains to eat.

And so I went to Reno this weekend to continue on my new found discovery that gambling can be fun. Good thing I'm doing it now when most of my gambling addicted friends have pretty much given it up now. Anyways, why Reno? Because as much as Vegas can be fun and as much as Vegas is, well, Vegas, baby, sometimes you just don't want to put up with all of that. Sometimes Vegas is just too much-- too much noise, too crowded, too neon, too "do this!" Reno was a way of doing all the stuff you could do in Vegas, like gambling and eating at ridiculously crazy restaurants and delving into full-on cheese without feeling like you're constantly being hammered by it 24/7.

Yes, nobody has ever said "...only in Reno" or "what happens in Reno stays in Reno" but sometimes you don't want the thought that something crazy could happen to be bugging you the whole time because usually, nothing crazy happens.
Then you just get upset because nothing crazy happened.

No comments: