Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Everything you need to know about the current Democratic Party could be summed up by this line in yesterday's Washington Post story about Democrats being unable to come up with a message: "Even the party's five-word 2006 motto has preoccupied congressional Democrats for months...That slogan -- "Together, America Can Do Better" -- was revived from the 2004 presidential campaign of Sen. John F. Kerry. It was the last line of Virginia Gov. Timothy M. Kaine's response to President Bush's State of the Union address, and Reid, Pelosi and Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean have used it in speeches. But there is an effort afoot to drop the word "together." It tests well in focus groups and audiences, Democratic sources said, but it makes the syntax incorrect"
That, of course, has been the reason why the Republicans have won virtually every election since 2000- proper grammar.

Yes, I'm back. Sort of. I just haven't had much blog-worthy things to post about lately and I've been suffering from what I'll call a Whiter Shade of Blah. Let's just say the most exciting thing that happened is that I now have a wireless airport in my apartment which is how I'm able to write this posting from my bed.

Life is good.

No comments: