Saturday, May 06, 2006

A few odds and sods and sorry for the no posting- crazy week. Did you know I got a car?

-I have become really into "Big Love" and I'm not sure why. After reading through a bunch of blogs and talking to friends and family, a lot of people have been saying the same thing, they're all really into it but nobody really knows why other than it's totally fascinating. My theory about why I was into it was mainly because Margie (Ginnifer Goodwin) had become my TV girlfriend. I was also convinced that I was the only who had stumbled onto her beautifulness, thus leaving her to me. I was wrong. It turns out she's now de rigueur TV girlfriend for the bloggerati as she's everywhere these days.

-I am supposed to be psyched about the new Superman movie but I am not. In truth, I was never into superheroes, Superman least of all. What was the fun in being into home? He was indestructible, faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, blah, blah, blah. The only that could weaken him was kryptonite. All of which made him boring. Who wants to root for somebody who is kind of perfect and can't really be harmed? Oh sure, he's got that identity problem and his unfulfilled love for Lois Lane but don't you think the ability to fly around the world in seconds flat would take some of the sting out of that?

For the record, the only superhero I really liked in any sort of way was Spiderman because he was always kind of human and vulnerable, which is why the movies have been so good (well, the first one not so much, but the second one was really, really good).

-Somebody weighs in on the great Enterprise vs. Death Star debate and goes with the Death Star. Phooey on them. The Enterprise would win just because it has the one thing greater than the Dark Side, greater than the Force even- James T. Kirk.

-This morning, I got spam mail from one company saying my student loans are overdue and from another person company saying I need to sign up for student loans. Shouldn't they get their mailing lists better organized? How could I both be overdue and lacking in student loans?

-I'm not sure why, but for some reason, the shuffle option on my computer's iTunes is much better than the shuffle option on my iPod. When I play music on my computer, it's how I picture my shuffle option to work, where I go from Zeppelin to Amerie's"#1 Thing" (great song) to Black Sabbath to U2 to Sam Cooke to Belle and Sebastian. In other words, the perfect radio station and exactly why the shuffle option exists. But on the iPod, it always seems to find the same three artists and ten songs and throws them in there. I may start off with say Missing Persons or the Monkees, but at some point, I'll be back to the same four Tom Petty tunes or the only Fu Manchu disc I dared to put on there. I just don't understand it and actually, there are certain songs I won't listen to on my iPod not because I don't like them but because I hate the fact my iPod always plays it.

No comments: