Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Driving home tonight from seeing Fast & Furious 3: Tokyo Drift (that's a shout out to my homies), I noticed that I had trouble seeing what was going on around me due to those stupid halogen lights that cars don't have. For instance, I'd look behind me to see if there is a car coming in the lane next to me (I'm such a careful driver) but can't really tell because there's this huge spotlight going right into my eyes. Not only am I blinded, but I can't tell how far they are because the lights are so bright it looks like thery're right in back of me.

And it occured to me, those halogen lights pretty much sum our country up. First off, the main reason people get them isn't necessarily because they're good, but because it's a new fangled car gadget. It's headlights, but up to 11. People love their new fangled car gadgets, even if they aren't necessary. That way Joe Bob can say, "yep, and it came with halogen lamps."

But mainly it's because they're bad for almost every other car out there. But people use them because it allgedly makes it safer for the rider. So, in essence, it's basically a bunch of people who drive them saying this maybe bad for you, but it's good for me so screw you. Et viola, our economic, environmental, and foreign policy.

No comments: