Sunday, June 18, 2006

I have seen the Rolling Stones do "You Can't Always Get What You Want" live in concert. I have also seen GnR do "Sweet Child o Mine." You can also add to that list U2 doing "Streets" and "One" and you name the classic U2 song. I can also claim to have Radiohead doing "Fake Plastic Trees" and the Dead doing "Truckin'" and motherf----- Rush do "Tom Sawyer."

But on Saturday, I saw the one thing to top them all... Mickey Thomas's Starship do "We Built This Rock."

And you know what? They were strangely rocking at the North Beach Festival. Just sloppy enough to be good, although I have no idea whether they were sloppy on purpose or sloppy because how often does Mickey Thomas and Starship play anymore?

Also, the sad thing was I knew all eight songs that he song, all from those somewhat horrific early 80's Starship albums. Hell, at one point, I even owned one of them. Hell, I even have one of them downloaded onto my computer.

No comments: