Monday, November 12, 2007

In the past week/week and a half

-My DVR went kablooie and I went from being at around 40% capacity to 98%, thus losing all of my recordings and the thrill of spending at least in hour total of time dealing with Comcast

-I've been eagerly awaiting a book from Amazon, the first in the Left Behind series (so stoked) and got it, only to discover that they sent me the wrong book-- a book about Windows Office '97.

-Had my work email go down on one of the busiest days I've had in months

-Lost my ATM card

-The hot water in my apartment went bye-bye late Thursday night and continued that way until today

-Lost power sometime around 5:30 Saturday and was out of power until, again, God knows when as I camped out elsewhere. All of which means, I was without power and hot water for most of the weekend, full on primitive as it were. It also means that tonight, I am spending my time resetting clocks and throwing food out of the fridge.

Oh, and what does one do when there's no power and it's starting to get dark and the person you can camp out with isn't home yet? Watch downloaded shows on your laptop. Thank God for Apple.

Finally, I lost both of my fantasy football games this weekend, thus eliminating me from the playoffs in both of my leagues. In other words, this was one sucky week.

No comments: