Monday, November 17, 2008

Yes, I'm on Facebook.  In fact, I'm becoming rather addicted to Facebook, especially as it's an App on my iPhone and with the press of a button, I can see what other people are doing. It's a quick and easy way to goof off.

Yes, it's kind of fun but it's also a really nice way of getting in touch with people you're not really in touch with anymore and see what they're up to the best possible way-- without ever having to email them or call them.  Like I saw that a friend from way back in the day just got engaged and I'd never know that if I didn't see that she changed her status.  Or that another friend is on some crazy-ass cleansing diet and has been eating nothing but fruit drinks for the past week.  Don't ask, don't know.

Of course, there's some downsides to it.  Like finding out that friends went out drinking and didn't call you up.  Or go to a party.  Or get married and not invite you.  Which wouldn't be that big of a deal if you weren't the one who was there when they met and hung out with them when they first became a couple.  

Not that I'm bitter or anything but I did spend some considerable amount of time waiting for that wedding invite.

No comments: