Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm back....

Sorry for a lack of posting but I've been so obsessed with the election I haven't done much of anything.  It's hard to write when you're clicking on Huffington Post every fifteen minutes while watching CNN at the same time.

Anyways, I'll get back to this whole election thing in a bit (because I might be the only person in the country to have not summed up the meaning of Obama's election) but two work related things.

-The office where I'm working is split into two sides with an elevator shaft/bathroom dividing those sides in the middle.  To get from one side of the floor to another, you have to walk a long, straight and narrow pathway.  This leads to situations in which you're on one end and another person is on the other side and if you're going one way and the other person is going the other way, there's a lot of time in which you're walking in a direction where there's nothing to do but stare forward at the other person.  

Now some people move confidently ahead as if it's not a big deal, even occasionally saying hi. Other people just put their head down so as to not make sure eye contact is made.  And other people, typically someone of the other sex, will turn things up a notch and suddenly find something inexplicably interesting about the wall they're walking by or their shoes.

-I was on my way to the men's room when I met up with another coworker who was obviously on his way to the men's room too.  We were both talking to each other when he suddenly just stopped and stood there.  Since I thought this was kind of weird, I asked him where he was going and he quietly told me that he had a phobia about walking into a men's room with another coworker at the same time.  So he gave me about a minute heads start and then headed off onto the bathroom behind me.

Later on, he partly explained his phobia and did so by breaking down all the various bathroom behavior of other coworkers- who talked, who farts, and who does things most people deem disgusting.  

I learned a lot, actually.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

6 weeks between posts and yet it is still about bathrooms phobias:-)