Sunday, September 28, 2008

There's this weird thing in the bathrooms at work that when you're, umm, sitting on the toilet, the toilets shake when somebody in another stall gets up and flushes the toilet.  It's more like a rumble than a jostle when it happens too.  Now for some reason I find this a little scary in that sometimes it feels like it could be an earthquake and if I were to come up with a list of places I'd rather not be during the Big One, I think sitting on the toilet would be up there on the list. 

This brings up another phobia of mine, mainly when going to the bathroom on an airplane.  Because if there was any sort of bad turbulence or, God forbid, any sort of disaster, the bathroom would most definitely be the worst place to be.  I keep on having visions somewhere along the lines of the famous last scene in Dr Strangelove except on a toilet instead of a missile.  The fact that the bathrooms are usually in the back of the plane where things are often bumpier than in the middle of the plane does not help comfort me.

No comments: