Monday, September 08, 2008

Today, I heard back from that company that called me about going in for another interview, the place where I wasn't sure whether they meant a second round interview or just a plain ole' HR screwup.  It was a HR screwup.

The HR person called me this afternoon and even had a time for me to go in so I asked her if this was a second round interview because I had already gone down for an interview.  There was a couple of minutes of silence followed by a reply of "oh, hmmm...let me check that."  A few minutes later, she called and apologized and told me that they hadn't gotten the paperwork back from the people I met with so there's no record of me going in there, or at least in the HR department, and therefore I don't need to come on down.  They did say they'd call me back real soon to let me know what's going on.

Err...thanks for jerking me around.  Stupidly, I was actually starting to get a little excited about things.

Between that, the recent polls, news from my old employers that makes it sound like they fucked me that much more, and Tom Brady's injury, I'm having a bad day.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Have you ever been discriminated against the location where you live? This is the latest saga of my unemployment. I was calling to follow-up on the resume I sent a few times yesterday and both said that they think I live too far away. I live close to Atlanta, Georgia. Go figure. I feel like it's doubly hard since we just moved here, and I live further enough out of the city to not even be considered for an interview.