Saturday, January 23, 2010

A few random things

-As I never watched Conan or thought from what I saw that he was that particularly funny, I was sort of a passive observer through all this Late Night nonsense. In fact, I'm one of the few people who doesn't think Leno is Satan on earth and isn't to blame for all this (everyone's like "well why can't he just retire? as if Jay's being a dick for not wanting to). Considering Conan got $40 million as a severance package, it's too hard to feel bad about the whole thing. I'm also guessing that most of the people who are upset with him leaving either never really watched him or watched his 12:30 show as by all accounts, his 11:30 show kinda sucked. The reason I'm wondering if all the people who were doing some sort of protest had actually watched the show, the show would not be canceled. It also shows that as much as people like to think that everybody's online and uses Facebook and twitter, most people don't.

-I watched a few minutes of the first episode of Jersey Shore because I felt like I had to and thought it was kind of meh. Not because of the set up or the characters but because I've watched enough "Real World" to basically know everything that would help. In other words, I've already seen it even if the it did not involve crazy Italians from Jersey/New York. Yep, I've become jaded about reality shows.

-Worked on two post-interview thank you notes yesterday and spent about an hour/hour and a half on them. As I said about a hundred times elsewhere in this blog, I hate doing them because it's such a small thing to do yet one misspelled word or grammatical mistake and you could kiss the job goodbye. When I write them, I always think that it'll put me one step ahead of everyone else because I am the only one taking the time to write one of these things. I have a feeling that everybody else writes one and everybody else thinks the exact same thing. Because why else would anybody take the time to write those stupid things?

No comments: