Monday, October 22, 2001

My walkman has presets for the radio part. I do not like presets on musical devices. I think this is one of those technological inventions that the makers add because they think it's cool only because it's some sort of technological doo-hicky and now we are forced to live with it. The reason I don't like it is because I'm a channel flipper. I can't listen to only one station all day and I refuse to sit through commercials. I am a radio programmers worst nightmare. Anyways, I hate the presets because I can only preset my walkman to five stations. While I like the five stations, I would like to be able to get more. It's like being forced into having presets for cable. Yes, you can get by with 10 or 12 preset tv statitions, but when you're flipping around, you just might miss a juicy documentary on the History channel or "The Great Escape" on TBS. That's what I feel about having to have presets, that I might be missing something on a channel that I'd really like to hear.

The walkman I have, however, isn't quite content with just letting me have the presets. It also makes a little beep whenever I change the channel. I do not know why the beep is necessary. Is it to let me know that the device knows what I want and is doing it? Which is great and all, but I think that if I was changing the channel because Blink-182 or Sum-41 or whatever lame-ass bubble-gum punk band is on the radio and all of a sudden I hear Sarah Maclachlan or Van Halen, I think I'd know that a change was made. Meanwhile, because I'm a flipper, I'm sitting there on the bus, beeping away on my walkman. Beep...beep...beep....beep. I'm sure it's driving the people sitting next to me crazy. It'd drive me crazy. In fact, some woman was sitting next to me yesterday on the bus and changed seats half-way during the ride and the only reason why I think she did it was because I was sitting there, beeping away. Stupid walkman.

PS- I think the moment Bernie Williams hit the home-run last night in the bottom of the 8th, I knew it was over. I think everyone knew that it was over then. Considering that it's 4-0 Yanks at this very moment, I think Seattle knew it was over too.

Damn Yankees. Resistance IS futile.....

No comments: