Tuesday, October 30, 2001

So there's a local columnist who I like, Laurel Wellman, who used to do Dog Bites in the SF Weekly. When she was doing Dog Bites, she was bloody brilliant. Now she's working for the Chron and getting to do the big column on Page 2. No, she's not as funny as she used to be and the column's not as good as Dog Bites, but the world's not as funny anymore.

Anyways, I sent her a letter saying that I liked an essay of hers criticizing the anti-war movement (the letter I wrote to her is almost exactly like the one posted below). She sent me a really nice e-mail thanking me for my support and told me it was a really thought out piece. So today I get the paper, get some tea from Muddy Waters, sit back and read the paper and as I turn to Laurel's column, I notice that I'm quoted in the first couple of paragraphs. Nearly spit the entire cup of tea all over the sofa. It's quite a shock to open the paper and see you're name there, right there, on page 2.

No comments: