Wednesday, October 31, 2001

Today's Halloween (duh) and I'm feeling kind of humbuggish about the holiday this year. Usually, Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, or at least my favorite holiday that doesn't involve lots and lots of eating. It's basically just an excuse to be really silly and get all decked out and get a little crazy. I'm always a little down for that.

This year, I don't know. Maybe it's the whole unemployment thing. Not working tends to make one all apathetic and ambivelant about everything. All that isolation and all the strength it takes not to be freaking out about unemployment tends to make one that way. Then there's the fact that every day is so much like the other- an endless string of days straight out of "Groundhog's Day"- that it's hard to get excited about any particular day. When you're unemployed, every day is the same.

On the other hand, it could also do something with the fact that I don't have any great parties to go to.

No comments: