Monday, December 26, 2005

And we move onto Sunday...

Go try and see Narnia in the middle of the afternoon, but it's sold out. So I basically just went downtown and back for nothing. That's okay, I got plenty of stuff to do at home, like play with the new toy. Evening comes and I sit down to watch a DVD that I rented the night before (Dig).

It doesn't work.

But wait, have no fear! I have TiVo and there's the second part of the documentary on the Crusades that the History Channel showed that I haven't watched yet. I accidently deleted it. No documentary. Oh well, but I have English version of "The Office" on. It's a bunch of repeats I've already seen a bunch of times (the BBC pretty much shows the same four episodes whenever they do show it).

Now what? No DVD, no TiVO and there's nothing on TV. Plus, it's Christmas night so it's not like I can quickly go out and get a new DVD. I could read a book, but that's just so boring and un-festive. What to do? What to do? It looks like your humble narrator is stuck.

But wait! There's On Demand. So I watch Rushmore. Isn't the 21st Century wonderful?

Then I get a call from a friend at 11:30 at night, the one who was supposed to call me to let me know about some kicking Hannukah party but didn't. Instead, she called after the kicking Hannukah party was over to see if I was doing anything.

No comments: