Tuesday, December 20, 2005

-You know my new credit card company, the one that seems to go out of it's way to make it so I can't pay? Today I went to go pay it and logged onto the Web site. I got in this time, but I was unable to pay the bill because it said it was due to some "credit problem." So I called up and got Najimbi in Bangladesh who knew nothing about my "credit problem" and said she'd help me pay my bill. Which led to a hilarious exchange like this:

Me:"My checking number is 6573 4432"
Najimibi: that's 6572 44332."
Me: "No, 6573 4432."
Najimibi: "6572 4432?"
Me: "No, (really slow) 6573 4432."
Najimbi: "Okay, 6573 4432?"
Me: "Yes, that's it."
Najimibi: "Okay, just to confirm, then, your checking number is 6572 44332?"

They still haven't sent me a new card yet and while I should really get on them for it, I'm kind of okay with not having the card only because if I got the card, I'd use it. And that's the last thing I do. The company sucks so hard I'm that much more motivated to pay off the card just so I can tell them to f off.

-When I leave for work, I usually grab fitty cents for the paper and some additional loose change in case I need it. On Monday, I was in a rush and couldn't find more than two quarters so headed out the door thinking I wouldn't need the loose change because I never really need it.

You know where this is going, right?

Get off BART and Millbrae only to discover that I'm five cents short of the full BART ticket. Which means I can't get out of the station and have to use the machine to pay the five cents. No problem, right, because I can use my ATM card. Except the amount is so small it won't let me. Another no problem, right, because I should have some change on me. Nope. Not only did I not have spare change on me, which I usually do and never need, I can't even find any in my backpack. Euros, yes. Nickels, no.

So I had to ask the guy at the station to let me through and he gave me the nickel to get through. Have to give the guy a tip of the hat for being so nice about it.

-Having a conversation with my kind of boss and another coworker about seeing the dentist and how much we all hate to see the dentist. She tells a story about how she went for an appointment and walked out with four teeth pulled and three years of braces. So I said in response, half joking, "that's why I never go to the dentist." Her reply? "Well, that's why....no comment."

How can you say that and then stop? Now I'm totally paranoid that something's wrong with my teeth.

Actually, I'm kind of glad she didn't say anything because that would make me even more neurotic. "Oh no, I can never open up my mouth because everyone will see I have yellow teeth." Or "Always remember to cover my mouth when talking so people can't see how crooked my teeth are.

No comments: