Sunday, July 02, 2006

And just another San Francisco Saturday....

Running some errands, I go into Wahlgreen's and came out only to see a funeral procession drive by. It was for some kid, a victim of gang-related violence. As his friends all drove by in their souped up cars, honking their horns, they all shouted "R.I.P" and wore the victim's face on their t-shirts. I finally crossed over and went by the 16th Street BART station. On the bench by the station was another whacked out probably homeless woman, sitting there all spaced out, with what looked like a nip showing. It was, fully out there for everyone to see. I know because I walked by and saw it-- I couldn't look away. And no, not because I'm a guy and I wanted to see some boobie, but mainly because the whole thing was already a car wreck and I had to see just how awful the car wreck was.

And from there, I went off to Dolores Park to see the SF Opera Symphony play some opera free for the crowds. It was a beautiful day, the Park was crowded, and the music was, well, it was opera. Make that of you will. It being in Dolores Park, however, the crowd didn't quite look like normal opera crowds. Let's just say that it was one more event that just went on to prove that not only is the Mission made up of some of the most unattractive people, but that hipsters just don't do well in the sun.

So yes, you got it...gangland funeral, boob baring smack-head, and opera. All within a couple of blocks from each other.

Now how about that?

Oh, one more thing, next to my friend and I at the park were bike messenger/homeless guy types. You know, haven't showered in awhile, ratty hair, all in black-- that type. As soon as they settle down, they start smoking dope. Why not, it's a concert? Second thing they did was open up a plastic container of Tofurkey and make a little picnic out of it. Cause, yep, here in SF, our grungy homeless types are veggie.

No comments: