Sunday, July 02, 2006

Oh wait, one more thing about the concert. As I was sitting there, this group of about three youngish granola girls walk by. From somewhere behind me, another granola woman runs up to them and gives a hug to one of the three women. Guess they hadn't seen each other in awhile. Anyways, they sit down next to me and start talking. Sadly, I didn't hear all of the conversation and missed a lot of the best parts, but here's what I do remember. And it doesn't really matter what I missed out, anyways, because the fragments I heard pretty much say it all:

"Alison, this is my friends Ariel and Amber....we met in Mexico...I just got back from Guatamela...hiked in Peru...she's in Mexico right now...there's an election there tomorrow....and she's in Palestine working for some art colloborative....it's totally non-confrontational-- they try and show the conflict through the eyes of the artist...the community garden is doing great...I haven't seen him since we were at Toby's place that one night for dinner where we stayed up all night and planted beets....Oh, he's traveling America I think just selling things and, you know, planting beets....he's going to stay with an art colloborative in Santa Fe...I love their community garden...."

No comments: