Monday, June 29, 2009

About that Other Thing that Happened

It took us about five hours to get from San Francisco to the Boardwalk due to traffic, getting lost, and the need to stop for food and a margarita. One of the major bits of traffic was created because the lane we were in, the one on the left-hand side, crawled to a complete stop for no explicable reason. As we were sitting there, we saw cars drive right past us on the shoulder of the road and squeeze themselves in near where the traffic choke hold was. It wasn't until we got to the traffic choke hold that we realized that the cause of the choke hold was all the cars driving on the shoulder trying to weasel their way through past the choke hold. In other words, there would have been no choke hold if it weren't for all the assholes trying to get around the chokehold.

Also, when we were driving home at night on 17 (not a very fun road to drive at night and extremely tired as it's a curvy mountain ride), the car behind me either had some crazy-ass normal lights or super crazy-ass high-beams because the light from his car was so bright that I could not only not see in my rear view window because of the reflected light but I couldn't see my left-rear view window either because of the reflected light. Harlan said it looked like I had a glow while driving. Unfortunately, this meant that while I needed to get out of the line to get out of their shining, bright light, the shining bright light was preventing me from doing so because it was too fucking shiny and too fucking bright.

No comments: