Friday, June 05, 2009

Today's Unemployment Update

Thanks to a real live, still-employed recruiter, I'm supposed to have a phone interview with an actual company that needs actual help working for an actual client that makes computer products for which I am hopelessly fanatical about. I don't want to name them, but they are known for putting a small case "i" in front of half their products. Even better, the recruiter told me that one of the things they're looking for is somebody who is passionate about said company and I told her that wouldn't be much of a problem.

Thing is that the company in question said they'd get around to calling me sometime this week. Or maybe next week. Maybe. They'll get around to calling me whenever they get around to calling me. Which basically means that for most of this week and maybe possibly a large portion of next week, I'm jumping every time the phone rings thinking it might be them. I am also worried that having already prepped myself for this interview and practiced all of my pat responses, I will have forgotten all of my prep work by then. Even worse, since I won't be expecting their phone call, I'm worried that it will be very hard to shift from lying in bed, surfing the web in my pajamas mode into serious, professional, hire the fuck out of me mode. This is not as easy as it seems.

No comments: