Monday, April 07, 2003

Oh my god, Smirkboy is actually leaving the country to meet another foreign leader. Wonder of wonder, miracle of miracles.

I wonder how'd that happen?

George is sitting at the desk of the Oval Office, reading the baseball scores when the phone rings.

George: Hello?
Tony: Good morning, Mr. President.
George: Uh, who is this?
Tony: It's me, George, Tony Blair. The Prime Minister of the UK.
George: The UK?
Tony: The United Kingdom. Britian and all that. You know, the guy whose far you in the war against the evil-doers.
George: Oh yeah, yeah, hi Tony, how's it going?
Tony: Well, with the war looking almost over, I was thinking it was a good time we meet again and start hammering out ideas for post-war Iraq.
George: Oh, okay. What do you have in mind?
Tony: Umm, shouldn't you call in the Vice-President and the Secretary of Defense?
George: No, why?
Tony: Umm….because , you know, we're gonna be talking about important things…and…
George: Oh, okay, I gotcha. Well, Dick is at his undisclosed location again, so he can't make it, but Rummy should be hanging around. Hold on a second….
(George presses the buzzer on his desk)
Hi Donald, Tony Blair's on the phone wanting to talk about post-war Iraq and wants to go over a few things….yes, I know we're busy…..no, I don't know what he wants…..yes, he is a pain in the ass…yes, I know he should just shut-up and mind his own business, but he just said it's important.
(George gets back on the phone with Tony)
George: Hold on, he's coming.
(Rumsfield appears into the office).
Tony: Hmm, shouldn't we have Colin in here too, this is kind of an important thing we have to discuss.
Rummy (laughing): Uh no, that's quite alright. We don't need Colin. Besides, he's out of the country right now.
Tony: Hmm, why does it seem that whenever we talk about something important, Colin is never there? Oh well. Okay, here's what I was calling about. I think it's time we should have a meeting to start discussing post-war Iraq.
George: Okay, what do you want to do?
Tony: How about a summit?
George: Ummm, alright. Not on a weekend I hope. You know how much I hate having to work on the weekends.
Tony: Yes, I know Mr. President (coughs) we're so screwed.
George: What was that, Tony? I couldn't quite make it out.
Tony: Nothing, I just have a bit of a cold. I'm okay with meeting during the week, it doesn't matter to me.
George: Okay, so when do you want to come out?
Tony: Well, here's the thing, Mr. President, I always go over there.
George: Yeah, and so.
Tony: Well, I was thinking maybe you should come over here.
George: Why?
Tony: Well, it's only fair. I've gone over there a bunch of times, but you never come out here.
George: I don't know, Tony, England's so far away . Plus I get jet lag and you know how hard it is for me to sleep away from home.
Tony: Yes, I know sir, but whenever I come out there, I have to go through the same thing.
George: Still, why should I come out there?
Tony: Because I always come to the US. Don't you think it would be fair if you came out here for a change?
George: Well, I guess, but why going out England? Why would anyone leave the United States or not want to come here.
Tony: You know, Mr. President, if I don't say so myself, Britain has some wonderful parts to it too. And a lot of history and culture.
George: But do you have baseball?
Tony: Uh, no. We do have football, or what you like to call Soccer.
George: What?
Tony: And there's the London Tower and Westminster Abbey…
George: What's that?
Tony: uh, nevermind. I just think that since I always come out to visit you, you should come out and visit me. It's only fair. I do have other things to do, you know, other than fly out to Washington every month.
George: Okay, well, if you're sick of Washington, we could always go to my ranch in Texas…
Tony: Dear God, no…I mean, a swell idea, sir, but that's still not what I had in mind.
George: Or we could go to Camp David again. We got cable there.
Tony: No, sir, I've already been there. May I speak candidly, sir?
George: Yes, of course, Tony.
Tony: Well, you know people are talking about you and the fact I'm always going out to see you.
George: What?
Tony: It's true, sir. I'm getting accused of being your lap-dog all the time and, frankly, you coming out to visit me would help me show that it's not true.
Rummy: Those damn French bastards.
George: Oh, Tony, you shouldn't worry about those people. I never do.
Tony: But it's causing me political problems. I'm losing popularity and there's a chance I might have to have an election and that my opponent could get more votes than me.
George and Rummy laugh
Dick: Votes, shmotes. Trust me, Tony, don't you worry about things like that.
Tony: Oh, yeah, I see your point. But still, frankly, sir, all the other countries are talking.
George: Talking about what?
Tony: About how you never travel and visit them. About how you always make them come to you.
George: We send Colin out a lot to visit you.
Rummy and George both laugh.
Tony: Well, yes, that's true and we appreciate it, but it would mean an awful lot if you came out here to visit.
George: Why? I mean why should I go to another country? I'm the President of the United States of America.
Tony: Well, sir, it would make you seem a little less-arrogant and a bit more humble and that you'd like to show an interest in other countries and how they percieve…..oh well, nevermind, could you do it just as a favor to me?
Geoge: Okay, okay, okay, you got me. I'll go…..

No comments: