Tuesday, April 01, 2003

There are big pleasures in life and there are small pleasures in life. It is the big pleasures that make life worth living for. But it's the small pleasures that make life bearable. One of life's little pleasures has begun anew- the opening up the sports page and seeing, for the first time in 'lo so many months, the Baseball Section. Standings, box scores, news reports. Box scores! I never thought I'd be so happy to see box scores. This has never been truer of today, having undergone my Fantasy Baseball Draft (and yes, I am a geek, but you know that already) last night and now have to really care about box scores. Now, all of a sudden do I not only have to care about the Giants game and that of the Dodgers and D-Backs, but I have to care about how Wes Helms did (3B of the Brewers, and yes, I am pretty worried that I know who the 3d baseman of the Brewsers is).

Ahh, sweet baseball, welcome back. God knows the world needs you know.

No comments: