Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Well, so much for a relaxing get away from it all vacation. Spent last night tossing and turning about the various in’s and out’s of job switching and spent most of this morning (well, morning in California time which is where my head’s still at) back and forth with my new employers over the new job- negotiating this, working out that. But it’s done, over with, fini, all except for the official Signing of the Offer Letter.

Now it’s just happy thoughts, brisket, the Four Questions, and dread over having to go into the old job on Monday. It’s Two-Week Notice Time and boy is that fun. My boss is on vacation too, somewhere up in Alaska on a cruise with her daughter, so I can’t really officialy quit right now and have to wait for the both of us to get back. Which is kind of good because it’ll give me the rest of the week to not have to deal with it. It’s also kind of bad because I’m guessing there’s nothing like one of your best employees quitting on you on your first day back to ruin that post-vacation buzz.

Oh well.

No comments: