Monday, May 24, 2004

At 10:28, 58 minutes after they said they'd call, I finally got the phone interview. I appreciate the fact they took the time out to talk to me. And how'd I do? Not great. Close to George Bush at a Press Conference bad. On the other hand, what can you expect? It's hard to think clearly when somebody who was supposed to call, somebody who you completely rearranged your schedule for, calls you an hour late. It's hard to sound all cheery and go-get 'em like when the whole time part of you is wishing you could tell them to take their stupid job and....well, you know.

They did, however, tell me what great experience I have and what a great resume I have. Which would be great to hear if it weren't for the fact that I've heard it so often that I'm beginning to think that "you really have some great experience" is job-interview talk for "you're a really nice guy." I'm thinking that I know I do well in an interview when somebody tells me at the end "wow, you suck."

No comments: