Monday, May 24, 2004

I'm supposed to be at the Temp job right now, you know earning money and all that, but instead, I'm home supposedly waiting on a 9:30 phone interview. Well, it's about 10:00 and so far, no phone interview. You know things are going well when you call the HR person who set it all up and when you ask whether or not you're supposed to be having the phone interview, she says "uh yeah, you're supposed to. Hmmm."

So now I'm filled with mixed thoughts. My first thought is the standard issue "why me?" thought. As in, "why can't I have a normal job interviewing experience like most people?" The second thought is the standard issue "fuck this and fuck that and fuck it all and fuck that fucking brat, I don't want a baby that looks like that." I mean, I'm not the one whose half an hour late here- they are. And when they finally call, they'll probably be all sheepish and give me the "ooops, sorry" to which I am, as usual, supposed to just say "thank you, sir. Would you like some lube next time?" I mean, do they really think I want to be spending my precious hours hanging by the phone?

Christ, I gotta piss like a race horse too, but I'm afraid that the moment I start pissing away, the phones going to ring.






No comments: