Monday, October 24, 2005

Here’s what making good money will do to you-

I booked tickets today to go back east for Thanksgiving. In booking tickets, I had a choice between tickets that were really cheap but involved getting up early, spending three hours at Chicago O’Hare Airport, and getting into Albany (yay, I’m flying into Albany! Another world-class city I can check off my list) before the rest of my family does. Or, I could spend about $80 more to get up late, only spend about two hours in Chicago, and get in a little after my family does.

Now, there was a long time in my past I’d suck it up and go for the cheaper tickets. In fact, I feel kind of guilty in not getting the cheap tickets. But I, of course, went for the most expensive tickets, $80 be damned. Cause is sleeping in, not having to kill three hours in Chicago and an hour in Albany worth $80? Hell, yeah.

By the way, I was having trouble booking my tickets online because, for some whacky reason, it’s kind of hard to find flights from San Francisco to Albany around a national holiday. My dad threw out all sorts of possibilities to do it and even suggested I call a travel agent to help with my tickets. To which I responded, "travel agents? What are they?"

And here’s the random thought of the day- I’ve always had a pet peeve against people who put exclamation points at the end of sentences. I wouldn’t say I broke up with somebody over it, but when you add up all the points in somebody’s favor, the use of exclamation points is a definite negative.

For some reason, I’ve been using more and more exclamation points in my writing lately.

It started out, like most things in life, as an ironic statement. But then ironic statement became normal and I realized it was starting to be used non-ironically. Kind of like most people and listening to Journey. Now I find myself using exclamation points more and more.

If there’s anything I hope to accomplish, it’s to kick myself of this habit before I turn into one of those people who end everything with an exclamation! I hate those people!

No comments: