Monday, October 03, 2005

Oh, what the heck, I'm in a writing mood tonight.

-Someone at work had some sort of bug then got a cut on her leg and the next thing you know, she's got flesh eating bacteria and they have to cut off a leg. It's unclear as to whether she knew that going in or she'll have a huge suprise when she ever wakes up and gets off all the drugs they're feeding her. For some reason, this story freaks me out. And I'm not the only one. Let's just say that I stepped on a shard of glass with a bare foot at home and I sprayed enough Bactine on it to sterilize a small African village.

-My opinion of the new Supreme Court Nominee? I've been reading the big right-wing blog, the Corner lately as they all seem to be in a rather depressed mood lately and most of the postings fall into the category of either "Gosh, maybe the President is a boob" or "cheer up little buckeroos." Even they think she's just some stupid crony And, of course, it goes without saying that the Replubicans, having sold their souls a long time ago, will let her pass and the Democrats will somehow botch it. And I hate to say it too, but I'm thinking about hopping on the McCain in 2008 bandwagon. I know, he's a Republican, but at this point, that's all there really is right now. It's like the baseball playoffs. I root for the Giants, but since there's no way in hell they can win, I might as well root for somebody who has a chance.

-And speaking of which, I really couldn't care less about this year's baseball playoffs. Sox/Yanks III? So over it. Naturally, I hopped on the Indians bandwagon last week, just in time for their massive choke job.

-I'm kind of liking "Rome" but think it's not nearly as good as it should be. It's just not epic enough or has enough sense of history to it. No sense of a Republic falling, no sense of the tragic consequences that led to the civil war between Pompey and Caesar (Pompey got sucker played by Cato into fighting the war) and the Caesar character is more like a plodding middle manager type than some guy who's name still connotes bad-ass leader and yummy salad. Is it me, though, that so far, the best episodes all featured tons of nudity and sex?

-I get lots of crap lately for my proclivity for doing nothing but watching a lot of Tivo. So I wonder, is spending a lot of time watching Tivo TV really that bad? Because it's not like I'm really watching anything that bad. In fact, other than my ESPN sports gab shows, the things I watch on Tivo are things like "Arrested Development" and "Firefly" and "Battlestar Gallactica" or "the Office." In other words, is watching a lot of tv bad if it's good tv? And now that "I only get Netflix" is the new "I only watch PBS" why is only getting movies on Netflix worse than watching good Tivo?

No comments: