Thursday, February 09, 2006

Some days, my iPod is en fuego, a brilliant mixture of classic rock, alt rock, some pop & hip hop sprinkled in, with the occasional "I donwloaded this?" song thrown in for good measure and every song seems to fit perfectly next to each other. When that happens, it's iPod Heaven, when you think you just might not take the thing off because it's just musical goodness from one minute to the other.

And other times, it makes me wonder what the fuck. Like why four Radiohead songs in a six song sequence? And not just four songs, but two of them usually the same two songs I always hear. Like I always get "Black Star" or "Idiotique" but never "Fake Plastic Trees" or "Knives Out." And there's some songs I've never heard on the damn thing, but a whole bunch of songs I keep on hearing over and over again. I love Rod Stewart's "Every Picture Tells a Story" but not every day. I mean, I still kind of groove to it, but I'm starting to fast forward through it just general principle. And why out of all the songs on Tom Petty's "Wildflowers" disc (a great one, by the way)) do I only hear "Closing Time." It's a great song, but I've heard it more in the past two weeks than I have over the past three years. I want to hear "Wildflowers" or "You Rock Me, Babe."

Damnit.

There are some days when I think it's the greatest invention in the history of mankind. Then there are other days when I wish I listened to the radio instead.

Anyways, here's some random songs I've downloaded recently:

Dire Straits Making Movies disc (great cd, actually)
Rush- Countdown
Prince- Mountains
Husker DU- Makes No Sense at All
Def Leppard- High N' Dry
Arcade Fire- Funeral (yep, I'm officially two years late on this but I'm now fully in love with it)
The Dead- Brokedown Palace
Blue Oyster Cult- Some Enchanted Evening

No comments: