Sunday, August 27, 2006

As much as I love modern technology...

Comcast switched a bunch of channels around so my Tivo got all huffy about it and made me have to redo everything. Fine. Whatever. Except because technology is the way it is, it meant that something had to go wrong and so I wound up having to spend something like 24 hours over the weekend without TV as I tried to figure out what was going wrong. I repeat: I HAD TO SPEND 24 HOURS OVER A WEEKEND WITHOUT TV.

Do you know what it's like to come home from something, turn on the TV like I always do, only to discover there was no picture? And then do you know what it's like to stare at the screen for a couple of seconds as you try and figure out what you're supposed to do? And not in the way of fixing it, which was a concern, but because you always flip on the TV when you come home and it doesn't come on and everything is not how it should be.

And then there's my cell phone. For whatever reason, the recharger isn't working as it's supposed to and it's not charging up my cell phone battery. So I'm running out battery juice. This despite the fact it's been in the cradle pretty much all weekend. Even worse, when I use it, it flashes a message that the battery is low and that I need to recharge, something I know because I've spent all weekend trying to friggin' recharge it. Shouldn't I get something just for the effort?

Also, it turns out that taking the cell phone recharger and slamming it continuously on my desk doesn't help.

No comments: