Friday, August 25, 2006

In contuing with the theme of the week, today I had to sit through one of the most dreaded phrases in the english language- deparmtnal off-site workshop.

Yep, nothing like taking a day off in the middle of every damn deadline there is to listen to all the higher ups crack inside jokes with each other, praise a bunch of contractors for all the money they're making for the shareholders (the very same shareholders in whose name we are told the company can't afford to hire us as fulltime employees), and polite applause at just the meer appearance of a VP. Yay! I can't tell you how great it is to see such and such a person! And yes, I'll totally take you up on your offer to go out for lunch with you. I am so sure you really want to meet me.

Eh, whatever.

No comments: