Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I have become a huge fan of those History Channel documentaries. No, not the endless amount of WWII documentaries, the ones about some historical thing in the past that involves lots of re-enacments. They're interesting yet cheesy, informative yet kind of silly. So far, the one I loved the most was on the Plague. It was actually pretty good.

The thing that fascinates me about them is the actors they get to portray "historical" figures. Are they actors so at the bottom of the acting rung that the only gig they can get is "Plague Victim #3" Or maybe they're just a huge collection of extras. And if so, do they keep on using the same ones so that somebodies resume reads like "Knight Templar #2, King Richard II, Bishop of Lyon."

I saw one on the Anti-Chris the other day, which wasn't very good, but they had this one guy who played the anti-christ the whole way through, complete with oh-so-typical eye tricks to make him look evil. Imagine that poor actor, all stoked because he got a role as the Anti-Christ in a History Channel Doc.

I've also noticed that other channels are getting into the mix, like Doc.TV. Except they don't have the History Channel's budget so God only knows who they use as actors. They must be the one's who are cheaper than the one's for the History Channel.

Oh, I was so inspired by the documentary on the Anti-Christ that I went online and purchased the first "Left Behind" book, a book I've always wanted to read for sheer laugh value. Best part of the purchase is that I bought a used copy for a whopping one cent. And they say pennies can't get you anything these days. In fact, the whole thing costs more just to ship so I spent a well-spent four books to buy this book.

No comments: