Sunday, October 21, 2007

So the question to be asked is why am I blogging again. Some of it is because I've stepped back a bit from SFist and am feeling the need to write again. Once you start writing and opening that part of your soul, it's hard to stop it from coming out. And there's another thing-- I'm looking for a job once again. Which means, dear readers reader, it's Job Hunting Time and so, the blogging fun begins.

The main reason is because of my stupid contract situation at Oracle. After being a contractor there for over three years, they have suddenly maintained that all of the contractors have to go bye-bye due to federal rules. While some contractors have complained about their status, thus the rule, most of the contractors at Oracle do not complain. I've had a pretty sweet set up for the past three years, maybe too much so as I admit to have gone way past fat and lazy these past four years. And considering my previous years, fat and lazy is a good thing.

I now have basically five months to get a job or else fall into the Hell that is Unemployment. I do not want to ever, ever, ever be unemployed again for obvious reasons (see every post written on this blog over the years). I only want to be unemployed when I retire which should be, like, never all things considering (due to my financial situation brought on by years of unemployment, I fully expect to be a greeter at Wal Mart when I'm 70). Sometimes that keeps up all night, the thought of running out of money while the highlight of my day is watching "Charmed" reruns in the morning. And sometimes I think how cool it'll be too actually get a new job, an actual job with responsibility and some amount of power, something I've probably earned and something I'm probably due (but not too much responsibility-- I've actually refused to send in resumes for any jobs that mention "managing teams," "work on budgets," or "come up with proposals.")

So there you have it-- it's time to look for a job. And you know how much I love doing that.

No comments: