Friday, January 25, 2008

And, so, hey, I called that place yesterday, the agency that had me interview for two different jobs at once. I actually got the HR person, which is a little surprising but also presents itself a problem-- I don't think they remember who the hell I am, but what am I supposed to say? So I just say "hi, this is Hooray for Anything..." and left it at that.

She didn't remember me. After a few seconds, she did the "oh...hi...how are you?" with that tone of voice that suggests she still has no idea who I am. So I tell her what I was calling about and what the job title is. A bell sort of went off and she told me they decided to put that position on hold. Oops. But then she rallied and said that one of the jobs (the one I didn't want that much) was on hold but that the job I wanted wasn't on hold and that, essentially, she wanted to bring me back for a second interview but kinda forgot to let me know. Now I have an interview next week.

Here's the thing, though, the fact she completely forgot about me and the job and setting it up could be either bad or good. Here's the breakdown:

Good: she's so flustered that she can't even remember to interview anyone else or invite anybody else, thus clearing a path for me
Bad: She's so flustered that she can't even remember to interview anyone so it'll be months before she puts anything together in hiring anyone.

No comments: