Tuesday, January 29, 2008

So today I had that interview with that place that kind of forgot to let me know that they wanted to bring me back for another interview. When I got there, they didn't really have a record of me coming in for the interview. Something which I kind of expected, actually.

Luckily, some dude appeared out of nowhere, said he was the guy who had an interview, asked me if I was him and then off to the interview. Thing is, though, the HR person didn't really tell him who I was. Or what I was interviewing for. Or pretty much anything-- he just got some email saying he had an interview at 5. He hadn't even seen my resume. So, with all that, he just basically said "well, whadda ya got for me?" and I went on to do usual shpiel, trying to say whatever I thought I needed to say from what I had figured out about what they were looking for. At the end, he said "I'm good," ran off to check in with the HR person to see if there was anything else they needed, and with that, the interview was over.

Again, none of this was that much of a surprise.

Yeah, I know, companies are never as desperate to hire somebody as much as the interviewee is desperate to be hired. Still, if you're going to make somebody leave work early, rush home from work while driving in a nasty rainstorm, and drag their ass over there for an interview, the least they can do is make some sort of effort. It's kind of, well, kind of disrespectful. It might not that important to them but it is to the person who is doing all that. Which, of course, matters not to anyone who sets these things up. I'm pretty sure an HR person has never said "Gosh, we didn't quite treat that person that well, maybe we should apologize or go out of our way to help him if we bring them in for another interview?"

All of which is another reason why HR people roast like pigs on a spit in hell when they die.

No comments: