Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Sorry for the lack of posting, but I've had a busy week or so. I've:
-rewatched season 4 of the Wire
-started watching Friday Night Lights
-recorded every episode of Everest: Beyond Limits from the previous season, to which I am catching up on
-started watching and recording both Ghost Hunting and Paranormal State.

I can't recommend Paranormal State, btw, because despite it's kinda cool concept- college students go out investigating cases of hauntings and/or demons, it's really kind of too slickly produced to make it that believable. On the other hand, how many shows feature a demon haunting a trailer in a trailer park home in which the demon possesses some 250 pound guy named Tiny with a god-awful moustache, leading to an actual excorcism. In the trailer, mind you.

Two things about that show I'd like to add:
1)In every single episode, the members of the group try and rid something of evil spirits and it always involves some sort of Catholic ritual/saying/excorcism technique. Considering all that, what the hell is someone supposed to do if they get chased by a demon and are Jewish? That whole "the power of Christ compels" you thing probably might be a little awkward. Or maybe Jews don't get chased by demons unless Jewish mothers count.

2)If I knew of some sort of paranormal investigating group in college, or right after post-college, I'd be totally into joining. I love that stuff and some part of me thinks there's something to it. However, I would definately be the type of ghost hunter who upon hearing the slightest sound, would run out of a house as fast as I possibly could.

No comments: