Thursday, February 17, 2005

Everyday I tape "Around the Horn" and "Pardon the Interruption" while I'm at work and watch it when I get home. It's part of my post-work ritual. Today I screwed it all up and wound up taping VH-1 instead and so can't watch it. My routine is now blown. As a result, I'm pretty much at a loss on what to do tonight. It's like I'm supposed to do something but I don't know what. I even flipped through the TV channels hoping I'd somehow find one of the shows on the 600 shows in the cable universe but couldn't find it. It's kind of like when you have a morning routine and for some reason the morning routine doesn't happen and the whole day feels out of whack.

And yes, this does look like another sign that TiVo is my destiny. But....there's something about TiVo I don't like and it's not the fact it'll probably doom what little social life I have now. It's just that with all the rumours out there about TiVo not doing well, I just have a feeling that someday people will look back at TiVo and think BetaMax. Or LaserDiscs. Remember LaserDiscs? How many people are out there totally bummed because they bought a LaserDisc, thinking they had the new, latest thing only to discover a few years later that DVDs are the new, latest thing.

No comments: