Wednesday, February 09, 2005

So first off, yes, props go to Spinney & Mir for two of those aforementioned Stuporbowl parties. I totally biffed on that one.

Oops.

Okay, now back to the fun.

At work, we're interviewing people for a similiar position as mine. Today, I got sent down to meet with today's interview and found out after a couple of minutes that she got a job I interviewed for. It was a job I interviewed for in May, I think, and the fun surrounding that interview was that I was sick as a dog (not to mention slightly hungover) and spent most of the interview trying not to, take your pick, pass out or throw up. It was a great job, however, and they sounded like they were into me, despite it all (I even told them I was deathly ill) but, as we all know, I didn't get the job. And yes, I was kind of bummed as it was a great job at a great company and it was located right across from the ballpark.

But that was then and this is now.

Anyways, the reason why she is interviewing at Super Mondo is that she's about to get laid off. Along with the rest of the office. All of which made me feel kind of good because I didn't get the job. Not that it was better than my current job, but it's nice to know that it just proves that everything is in it's right place. I also couldn't help but think but that in some sort of alternate universe, that could have been me in that interview chair.

She also mentioned that she was working at yet another office I interviewed at, although I can't remember when I interviewed there (yes, it's a small world and yes, I've been on a lot of interviews). She got laid off from there too- yet another office got closed.

And yes, it's all sorts of nice to hear all this.

No comments: