Monday, February 21, 2005

Lately I've been thinking that I've been too into all the celebrity gossiping and snarking out there. I know everything there is to know about all the big names, all the big players- Paris and Lindsey, Kevin and Britney, Brad and Jen. I read all the snarky gossip sites, talk about all the snarky gossip news, and write snarky gossip snark. Day in, day out, that's all I seem to be reading lately. And I'm getting, well not tired of it, but just a little ashamed of it. I need to be the solution to the problem, not the problem and gossiping about celebrities is the problem. It's just another thing causing the downfall of Western Civilization. Besides, I'm beginning to feel a little malnourished by it. I want to read intellectual tomes. I bought "War and Peace." I want to read the New York Times Book Section. I'm thinking about changing my writing style.

But then, over the weekend, news linked out that Paris Hilton's sidekick was hacked into and it's contents posted online. There it was, her personal diary, her phone numbers of very famous people (including our Mayor), her naked photos of herself making out with some other girl. It's like manna from heaven.

This story is just so....so....so.....awesome. And once again, I realize that God, I love snarky celebrity gossip.

No comments: